ACOTUP/ACPUE is a national organization that promotes and develops occupational therapy education and research with understanding of issues in a global context.
The objectives of ACOTUP/ACPUE are:
- To act as the official body of the Canadian university programs of occupational therapy to achieve and uphold standards of education in occupational therapy;
- To act as the official body responsible for generating and promoting the exchange of ideas and philosophies in occupational therapy education;
- To promote and facilitate research related to occupational therapy education;
- To participate in establishing, maintaining, and reviewing policies which have direct and/or indirect educational implications through representation to the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT/ACE);
- To represent the federation of university programs in its relationships with universities, and other national and international associations and organizations with educational and/or research mandates.